Summer moved quickly! So much to report and review... July was spent traveling and catching up with family.
Eva started the month off with a road trip to Wisconsin to visit her grandparents with her dad. It was a long 10 days without her. Cole and I were anxious to have her home... She enjoyed her time at the lake and was happy for some down time when she returned home.
We are blessed to have been able to spend time with family who are a little further away than the 76110. Cole, Eva and I took a lovely trip to New York and Canada to visit his family and attend his cousin Job's wedding. In Toronto we took a ferry over to the Island where his dad and step mom Nancy live. The island is small and ADORABLE! No cars, no stores... very magical! We arrived to a large family picnic at the quaint yacht club.
We finally got to meet Owen, Aiden and Todd!! :) The cousins got acquainted while running around free with Elizabeth's daughters who are little older and were great with the younger kiddos.
While in Canada, we we relaxed on the island spent time canoeing/ kayaking and many yummy meals with Tom, Nancy, Rachel, Todd, Owen and Aiden. We spent one day in the city and went up the CN tower, for an amazing view Toronto. Although, we all agreed returning to the island and viewing the skyline from their was still the best! On our way back to the island we stopped by Centreville Island Amusement park for an old school amusement park experience.
After our time in Canada, we retrieved our car in the city and headed to Ellicotville, New York with many tears and a heavy heart for Owen and Aiden. This sadness was equally met with anticipation for meeting our youngest and newest cousin Ralph Adams!
We stopped in Niagra Falls and this stop definitely shifted things! It was everything Colman prepped us for...
We arrived in Ellictoville within seconds of Marya and Bob (Cole's mom and step dad), Tom, Micah and little Ralph were not far behind.
While in Ellicotville, we enjoyed all the family Colman grew up with and even visited Colman's child hood home with his Aunt Sheila and Uncle John. We made smores outside on their beautiful property and Colman proudly added Eva to family wall of height measurement. Pretty neat!!! Hundreds of names covered this pantry wall... Now little E is even on it!
While visiting New York, we attended a lovely outside wedding for Colman's cousin Job. Then it was back home. :( Again, we were filled with sadness and tears leaving this family. Sweet Eva is so open and loving, it is hard for her to imagine not having these people down the street and around the corner at all times. (I wonder why??) By the time our travels were done, she was ready to buy a house in Canada and one in Boston .
| Leaving DFW!! |
| We have arrived in Toronto... Off to catch the Ferry! |
| Owen, Eva, and Aiden |
| Rachel and Tom (Cole's sister and dad) |
| Colman and Tom |
| Eva, Owen and Aiden |
| Outside the CN tower...Nancy , Tom and kiddos |
| Maid of the Mist |
| Todd, Rachel and the boys... |
| Eva and Ralph, enjoying the morning |
|
|
| Adding Eva to Aunt Sheila and Uncle John's wall |
Little Window shopping, waiting out the rain storm in Toronto.
Eva's Fabulous Words:
"Suite, that is a weird way to spell it, you can't even sound it out!"
"How do you know if a baby is a boy or a girl? If you had twins we would need to move a room or something.... I don't want to share my room with anyone utnil they are out of diapers." "Why do most people marry people with the same eye and hair color? Why do most chai people marry chai people?" (aka: Asian) "Mom, I have the greatest Margie, and you are pretty great too. I just have a great family."
"Mom, do you know how to take a screen shot? I can show you..." (Little does she know I take screen shots numerous times a day for training modules my office creates for the school district. I was happy to re-learn!)
"Mom, I am excited about my teachers, but Ms. Thrash is desperate about Jesus"(assume she means obsessed). You should see how many pins she wears at Christmas time, I mean it is a lot!!!"
"Mom, how am I so tall? I mean dad is pretty normal, and you are short... Maybe I got some of uncle Daniel's blood in me. "
" My uncle Tom, looks good in plaid. "
"Mom, I am really like my cousin Erin in New York."
( who she met for the first time this summer and was very kind and sweet with Eva)
|