Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy Spring!
We have enjoyed a very fast March! With one week of vacation from work/ school, the month has moved more quickly than most. We enjoyed our time off in Riudoso with the Burton family. Jordan Burton and I are the best of friends, and so naturally so are Eva and her son Jacob. Colman and her husband are by default going to be friends! We loved our time in the mountains, relaxing and skiing. This was Eva's first time to ski and she really took to it, I think it was her teacher/ coach Roach!
RALPH HAS ARRIVED!!! Colman's youngest sister Micah and her husband Tom welcomed their first child/son on March 8th, Ralph Robert Adams  (Names are in honor of Tom's grandfather Ralph and Micah's dad Robert Walsh)We have enjoyed frequent updates and pictures of Ralph. We are very much looking forward to our trip in August to New York and Canada for the chance to meet and of course hold Ralph. 


Micah & Ralph...



                                                                                                                         
   Eva has started Spring League at CCA, this is her first time to tackle basketball and she loves it!




Thank you for the loan on all of the ski equipment Hernandez Family!


Eva draws the sunrise, in prep for Art Class with Mimi



Jordan, Christian, and Jacob Burton

Snow sledding and stopping for a quick snack! Roasted Corn, like Mexico mom!




Step dad - daughter ski day!


Comments from Eva:

"Mom, look at that sunset, it reminds of the time I went to the beach with Marya (Colman's mom)and watched the sunset. I mean this does not compare to that time with Marya, that was special. You and Colman were at that theater show."

"Mom, who is Ralph going to stay with when Micah and Tom go back to work? Oh Marya is going to help out some... Well, I think she should help out and watch him  for two years."

"Do YOU believe in Santa? Vivian in my class says he is your parents.... " So... there it is, two weeks before her 8th birthday and we have been outed! "So, Easter is coming up, ummmm ARE YOU THE EASTER BUNNY TOO? What about the TOOTH FAIRY? Do you have my teeth, where are they? How did you make me a video from the north poll and Santa?" 

During our morning prayer, on the way to school one morning, I used the word Concise and was interrupted mid prayer...:  "Mom, what does concise mean?" After I explained and concluded the prayer with Amen, she said " sorry I interrupted mom, I just needed to know what concise meant before we ended the prayer and said Amen. I would not have felt comfortable saying Amen and praying for something I didn't understand."


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!! Eva turns 8 years old tomorrow, April 3rd!!!


2 weeks old in this pic!!