We are back in it!! Life is good... I am loving my new job and Cole is busy leading his department through another school year. He has a lot of new teachers in his department and AP standards are changing in a year, so this will be a very full year for him. Not to mention the 180 or so Juniors he will teach. :) Eva has started 2nd grade at CCA, and her teacher is Mrs. Cortina. All is well in our world and looking forward to the upcoming fall weather... We have enjoyed our last few weeks of summer with friends and family. I have included a few pics from last month to show you Eva's celebration of completing our first year of marriage! :) Very sweet...
 |
| 1 year anniversary cake by Eva, celebrated on July 27 |
Eva sings to us, anticipating the eating of the top layer of wedding cake!
 |
| Cole and Eva hang more stars and the planets on her ceiling after a play date at the museum with Sydney Kramen. |
 |
| Eva enjoys a bday slumber party at Great Wolfe Lodge with her BFF Mikayla Pace! |
 |
| Eva's great grandmother teaching her Sat art classes. |
 |
| Eva decides her easel is boring and should be painted! |
 |
| Meet The Teacher Night- Velvet dress and boots, 100 degrees outside! |
 |
| 1st day of School! Cole carries in 2nd grade supplies... |
 |
| Eva, Karly and Brooke in their 2nd grade classroom |
 |
| Uncle Johnny and Abuelito celebrate their birthdays! |
 |
| Dad and son blowing out their candles! Love this pic! |
Statements from Eva:
"Mom, I might be a teacher one day but I do not think I could teach 5 year olds, they are real chatty.I might have to give a pop quiz."
"Uncle Fran's 67' mustang... Is that an old school car?" Said as we drove by their house and saw it in the driveway.
"Mom, I think birds hang out on power lines to show their babies the city... They have good eyes! Especially eagles."
Said while hugging Colman and I good night: "I am so glad we married Colman, he is my Colman."
"Mom, the museum is going to have Curious George next month, can we go? I know you like Curious George and use to when you were little. Right? I wonder if the exhibit will show him the way he is now or look like doodles,black and white pencil drawings, like when you were little."
"Mom, how does the baby get in your belly? I mean how does it get inside you?" - AND there it is.. After two months of casual inquiries, she was adamant one evening over dinner to get the answers to her questions. So we had THE TALK. :) 1.5 hours later, much had been discussed, laughed about, and she seemed to walk away feeling heard and informed to say the least.