Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year...

December... 

I thought it best to to plan on two editions of our blog this month, as we have a lot of celebrating going on... We are busy enjoying our first full Christmas season as a family with Colman.... what a joy! We have been busy making new traditions, and making sure to maintain the ones we started a year or more ago... Attending the Nutcracker, a new ornament, new pjs, making a gingerbread house and much more!

We have enjoyed these first few days off from school and work with friends and family: dinner parties, slumber parties, and a birthday party complete with a a piñata of course!

This year, things will be a little different with Papi in the hospital. We will maintain our family tradition of taking the THE FAMILY PICTURE, by meeting at the hospital at 1:00 on Christmas Eve. Get ready Baylor Hospital!! Lunch/ Dinner at Lilly's on Magnolia, then dessert and opening of gifts at Tito and Mimi's. The Roach family will then attend the candlelight service at UCC. 



                           

College Roommate, and long time friend Amy in town from Chicago with baby Ivy Georgette.

Eva busy writing a letter to Santa... Breakfast with Santa at Ft. Worth Club with The Pritchetts and The Burtons


Look at my daddy hi, made out of balloons!


Mani/ Pedi in preparation for the show at Bass Hall tomorrow...




Lunch at Reata before The Nutcracker at Bass Hall

 
Danielle and Eva, right before the show!

Cole and I prep for our 1/2 marathon on Sunday with family and friend...
(My first one!)

Early morning, arriving in Dallas around 6:45 am
Aunt Jennifer and Aunt KT, walk to their corrals


Jenn and I wait for the our first 1/2 marathon to start! Great energy...

Mile 4, we are on the bridge! I had to stop and take a pic, so our time was affected by a few seconds... Ha ha!

More comments from the princess:

"Colman, my mom is strong, she walks a lot and goes to Barre class." Said as I helped Colman move couch in to the cabana...

" Mom we have to get our gingerbread house to make with Colman, it is our tradition." ( we did it last year!! :) )

Full statement from last month: "Why doesn't the family take the bride's last name? I won't' take a boys last name if its stinky pants... But if it is Daisy Colorful Rainbow, oh yes! I used to call myself that you know..."