Tuesday, January 10, 2012

December 2011 - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hello Everyone! I hope you are off to a great new year...
Eva and I are very blessed to have had such a wonderful 2011 and are entering the new year with much hope, peace, gratitude and joy.

We celebrated Christmas  a few different times with family and friends. To which Eva surmised, "mom we are so lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives." :) Very sweet girl.

Eva spent the later part of the holiday in Illinois visiting her grandparents and cousins. However, she was disappointed there was not any snow this year.

I enjoyed some time with Colman while Eva was away but was anxious and very ready for her to be back home. Since her return, we have both been on antibiotics and home sick a few days. We are on the mend now... much better.

Eva received her first report card and all looks good. She is thrilled about the new reading challenges being presented to her. "Mom, i love reading and can't wait for my reading homework!"

We will be busy this spring, preparing for Eva's big dance recital, and graduating our first senior class. Here are a few pics from this month:

 Building our first ginger bread house...
Annual Burton Christmas

Thank you Lacey for the great blankets!

Polar Express Day with Moms

Classroom Christmas Party



Eva and Mikayla in dance class practicing for recital in May

Aaron, Eva, and Krystina at Margie and Papi's

Quotes from Eva:

" Mom, can you walk me to the north pole? Would it take 11 days?"
Eva, elves and Santa are watching... "No mom, just elves, they will report back to Santa."

"Mom, what do you want to be / do when you grow up?"

" Mom is Santa real?" :(

While doing homework one night... I told her that her tracing of the letter was messy. To which she responded: "Mom, I have a brain! You don't have to tell me, I know..."

Quote from Jacob Burton!! A must mention : "Colman, you are a great thing!"