Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall is here which means cooler weather and pumpkin lattes... hooray!

Eva and I are enjoying the cooler weather. We have had many dinners together on our porch and have equally enjoyed sharing lunch, coffee and dinner with friends on the porch.

Dad has moved to a rehabilitation facility in Dallas across the street from Baylor hospital. Mom has taken up residency at a nearby apartment. This is going to be a big journey for them both, please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Eva is thriving in school and making new friends. I had our first ever parent - teacher conference and all is well. We are on target academically, and exceptionally kind and polite.  :) Whew!! Many years to go!! Eva had Muffins for Moms at school earlier this month, and cried when I left. Broke my heart...  but so blessed I was able to attend. My mom made it back to the Fort for Grandparents Day at CCA, and Mimi and Tito joined her. Uncle John stopped by to see the princess sing. Eva was soooooooooooooo happy to have them all there!!! What a great family.

We continue to meet up with Mikayla, Keena, and Mike on Wednesdays for dance class. Their first recital will be May 16th or 17th at Will Rogers, mark your calendar. More info to come.... However, we skipped last week because Mikayla was out of town in Disney World! Yeah for her, so we had dinner with Margie. Nice that in Eva's eyes she was equally as happy as Mikayla on Wednesday evening. :) She was with her Margie. We are going to make a trip to Dallas this weekend so that Eva can finally see Papi. "I am missing him soooo much.I want to see Papi!" - Eva

Dad's condition is great with regards to his lung! However, the cerebral and physical damage caused by the stroke is pretty significant. Dad works tirelessly to improve but this is going to be a long road. Yesterday he asked me where I went to college and I made him work for it... Where do you think I went? TCU? He responded with hesitation and I said yes great!  Oh good he said... He later told me all of his therapists remind him of me because they are young college students. Ha! I wish I was their age... He definitely gets confused easily and struggles to communicate anything more than basics, so we keep it pretty simple for now. I took Eva up there this weekend and she was thrilled, it has been a month since she saw her Papi! We spent last night in bed processing that this will be the first Halloween without Papi and possibly Thanksgiving. Poor baby, we were both exhausted and sad... fell asleep before 9 with her wrapped around me. :)




Eva and I continue to enjoy our new house and I feel very fortunate to be back in the Fort as we go through this as a family.

We had a wonderful Halloween party with a few of our closest friends. The kids deemed the backyard bar area "The Candy Bar"! Thank you to everyone who came, we are very blessed to have such wonderful kids.


Halloween dance perfomance during dance class...



Happy 1st Halloween Isabella!

Monsters are coming!!

Caroline, Eva and Jacob enjoy a caterpillar...

THE CANDY BAR!!
Arriving at the Burtons

Jamie and Eva celebrate a touch down against the boys!
Jacob, Colman and Eva making a play....

Personal Life Update: I am dating someone!! Some of you may already be aware of this... but some may not. I am dating a wonderful friend of mine whom I have known for 10 years. His name is Colman and we have been dating for approx. 8 months. After much discussion and thinking, I introduced Eva to him on Halloween night. I kept it is simple as possible for all... I introduced him as a friend and he simply joined the annual Halloween celebration at the Burtons. Jacob and Eva enjoyed playing football, holding his hand and just getting to know him... All and all a great first meeting. Followed up the next day when I picked her up from school with "Mom, when will I see Colman again?" . "Maybe we can invite him over sometime, like we do Jaime." "I can go to Starbucks with him..." Colman's take on things " She is more precious in person than I already imagined. I look forward to a Starbucks trip." :) All very sweet... Colman continues to be a wonderful gift to me at this time in my life, I feel very blessed. Very patient, loving and kind... The dog and cat are doing well and really enjoy Colman as well.  Ha ha...

Quotes from the Miss E: 
"Mom, if we don't clean that cut I will get a confection" (aka: infection)
"Mom, this is the first year we will have Halloween without any of my grandparents." (said while crying)
"Mom, can we please go get a papachino from Starbucks?" (aka: cappuccino)
"Mom, you should only have a boyfriend if he has good manners, is nice, doesn't chew with his mouth open and does not use potty words. If he does Margie will get his feet, I will get his head and you get his arms and we will just throw him out!"
At the Dallas Arboretum