Friday, October 7, 2011

Well, I feel as though I have been in touch with everyone A LOT lately!! Dad continues to make small gains, but delicate and just going to be a long journey. We are blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who have been extremly supportive.

Eva continues to enjoy kindergarten and adjust to her "broken family" as she put it. :( She is definitely processing the divorce with a new level of understanding. I continuously try to to validate her feelings and thoughts. I am blessed that she is soooo open and able to articulate her feeling with me.

She loves her our new house and being so close to everyone but with Margie and Papi being in Dallas she says "I feel like we are back in Keller, I don't like it."

Recent statements from Eva:

When she was sick and doctor going to take an x-ray: " Mom, will I need a new lung like Papi?"
Early one morning, before I left for work: "Mom, lay with me a little longer, I want to feel your spirit."
One evening as we sat having dinner on our new porch: "Mom, I love our new house but we are a broken family. When your mom and dad don't live in the same house it is broken." When I assured her that we are still a family, and love her she responded very matter factley " We are still broken1" :(

So life is full righ now, but filled with great hope and anticipation of what the fall has in store. Stay tuned for pics of the Halloween Bunny!


Our new house...
Community Helper Day at School