November has come and gone! We spent almost 10 days in Boston last month, with Colman's family. Colman and I attended his cousin John's wedding in Maine and spent an extra day enjoying Portland, Maine. Eva opted to spend the weekend with RALPH!!! Oh Micah and Tom, his parents were there too. They live on a beautiful farm, which Eva enjoyed... We returned to scoop up Eva and head to Tolman St. and reconnect with Cole's parents. They were both very busy performing in a theater production/ directing them, both very talented!!! Cole and I made it to Marya's performance in Hedda Gabler by Henrick Ibsen, what a treat! She is sooooo cool!!!! Eva was very impressed "Mayra knows all of those people in the playbill? Can she autograph it for me? I want everyone to autograph it... " Of course, Marya had everyone do just this, and we received an official autographed playbill last week in the mail, Eva was ecstatic!
Bob, hung out with Eva for the evening during his four hours of free time, so we could see her performance. They enjoyed tea, drawing amazing pictures!! And of course, watching the movie FROZEN!!! Bob was a great sport, while Eva gave him a play by play throughout the movie.
The remainder of the week was spent seeing a few other productions, visiting the Boston Aquarium and playing with RALPH!!!
Tom, our brother in-law and I coined this Thanksgiving a "Mexican Thanksgiving" ( our parents entertained us!!!) and we created the following menu:
Cheese and Crackers
Tostada Sliders with lamb, refried beans and hot sauce
Abondiga Soup
Guacamole
Lamb Enchiladas/ Mushroom and Squash
Rice
Vegetable Casserole
Pumpkin Pie
Vanilla Ice Cream for dessert with Cajeta and Maria cookies from TX
All was delicous!!! We were all very hungry after our Turkey Trot 5k in the cold/ snow! Wonderful memories were made, we are soooo blessed. Thank you Marya and Bob for allowing us to invade your home and your space!! Mom, thank you for blessing our trip and making us feel loved and supported during this holiday, even if were no longer in the 76110!
Okay, so that covers Thanksgiving! Many other fun things happened this month! Estelita, one of my favorite cousins is pregnant and due in January with a boy!! We had the opportunity to celebrate her and shower the new boy with gifts while she was in town from DC.
Noah, our littlest cousin turned 1 this month!! Great party and fun brunch to celebrate his 1st year!
| Estelita and Eva |
| Noah! |
| Noah and his family! |
| Celebrating Kimmie's 39th Birthday! Surprise! |
| Cole takes Eva and a couple of friends to CCA homecoming football game! |
| Boston Aquarium! Touching the sting ray! So neat! |
| Cole and Ralph have a moment... |
| Post Turkey Trot... |
| Heads Up!!! Great Fun!!! |
Comments From Eva:
- " I am a nerd..., people call me this at school. It means I am really organized and REALLY like school." How do you feel about that Eva? (we asked her) "Well, it's true so I don't care.
- " I love Bub, I miss him. " (Bob, Cole's step-dad ) When we asked her what makes her say this/ feel this way here is her response: " He is an honest man. He commits to what he says he is going to do and does it. And he is fun! Oh, and he gave me smelly markers, that was a bonus!"
- "Our Bella is hillarious, I love her!"
- "Mom, Annessa in my class has started her period. Did you know that if you drink an herbal hot tea with honey, you can start your period?"
- Discussion over dinner one night: " We talked about politics today in history. When my teacher asked who was running for governor of Texas, everyone knew Wendy Davis. When he asked if anyone knew who she was running against I raised my hand and said Gregg Abbott. I was the only one who knew. Sorry mom, Colman got all the credit. When Mr. Dray asked how I knew, I said my dad."
- We were out looking for new eye glasses, and Eva said: " I can wear any color!" - after she decided on a fun black and turquoise pair.