So many things to be thankful for this November...Colman, Eva and I try to count our blessings daily over dinner "What was the best part of your day?". With the celebration of Thanksgiving this month, we are afforded the opportunity to take time to reflect on our blessings more intentionally.
We have some sad news, our cat of 12 years, Claude Monet, died this month after being hit by a car we believe... Colman found him early one morning in our driveway as he was leaving for work. He was a great cat and our house is certainly very different without him. Eva cried "I don't want him to be dead!" "What happen?" Very sad, but thankfully she has a kitten at Margie's and yes we now have two pet hermit crabs. She has wanted hermit crabs for a while now, and we have been able to put off because we had a cat. So... now we are the proud owners of Wave and Sport. We had to have a picnic with the Hermit crabs, the day we brought them home, and Eva gives us a play by play often! "Mom, Colman, come here Wave has switched shells again!" It has been quite a shift, but kind of fun I must admit. Claude is buried at mom's house next to her cat, Eva and mom will decorate and tend to the burial sites for sure...
Here is a short slide show of our time with Claude Monet:
Eva's Family Turkey - School Project, The Turkey is a Runner!
Eva enjoys watching her new pets.
On to more positive news! We welcomed a new cousin to the family this month, Noah! We have been anxiously awaiting his arrival and so happy to finally have him here. Eva just adores her cousin Isabella and couldn't wait to meet her new brother. She is officially obsessed with Bella and Noah! She asked me almost daily over Thanksgiving break if we could go visit or if Bella could come over and play.
Cousin Noah arrived November 7th
Colman, Bella and her new baby brother Noah
Eva and her friend Eden during school Thanksgiving Lunch
Checking out a book at CCA
Making Thanksgiving Necklace at school
Eva and Friend Annessa see new movie Frozen, great movie!
This month we are continuing to stay healthy and active! Eva and I ran / walked our first 10k on Thanksgiving day in the annual Fort Worth Turkey Trot. We started our family morning early and enjoyed getting some exercise in before a very relaxing day ahead with parents/ grandparents, and lots of aunts, uncles and cousins.
Ready to run first 10k
Jamie and Eva heading to Turkey Tot
Cole and Eva, Mile 5
Thanksgiving with Papi and Margie
Decorating for Christmas
Writing letter for Santa
Bella and Eva make pumpkin bread
Eva and Sydney paint pottery, Annual Christmas/ Hanukkah Celebration in McKinney
Comments from Eva:
"Dogs have a tougher life, they live longer" (meaning longer life expectancy)
"Mom, Kayla goes to a Moral school." AKA: Montessori School
"If I was home schooled, I would have the best Spanish teacher, you mom. You know everything!"
A friend of Eva's asked her who she would chose if she had to pick her dad or Colman. Her response " They are the same, I love them both the same, no difference. I wouldn't pic" Her friend's response "I would pick Colman, he is sweet."